Kurt Cobain recording in Hilversum Studios in the Netherlands on Nov. 25, 1991.
Kurt is the man to remember. He is a genuine artist who conquered his fears and angers in the most self-destructive manner. The journal expressed his loathe toward the mainstream, journalism and politics and his unbearable love for Courtney Love, his daughter and music as a form of art.
1. When I’m really bored I … laydown and think for a while until I fall into a semi-hypnotic state of sub-consciousness, some call it day dreaming, some call it just fucking spacing out. But I feel like I’m not here and it doesn’t matter because I’m sick of putting myself in boring situation and conversation, just everyday basic sitcom happenings, some call it thinking but when in this particular state of mind I forgot to think and it becomes strictly observatory.
2. I don’t work on songs quite as intensely as in the past. You know why??? Television. Television is the most evil thing on our planet. Go right now to your TV and toss it out the window, or sell it and buy a better stereo.
3. My lyrics are a big pile of contradictions. They are split down the middle between very sincere opinions and feelings that I have and sarcastic and hopefully humorous rebuttals towards cliché bohemian ideas that have been exhausted for years. …. I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like a dork.
4. Words suck…Words aren’t as important as the energy derived from music, especially live…. Music is ENERGY. A mood, atmosphere. FEELING.
5. I use bits and pieces of others personalities to form my own.
6. I have met many minds able to store and translate a pregnantly large amount of information, yet they haven’t had an once of talent for wisdom or appreciation of passion.
7. I purposely keep myself naïve and away from earthly information because it’s the only way to avoid jaded attitude. Everything I do is internal subconscious because you can’t rationalize spirituality.
8. Rock is musical freedom. It’s saying, doing, and playing what you want. Nirvana means freedom from pain and suffering in the external world and that close to my definition of punk rock.
9. I like to have strong opinion with nothing to back them up with besides my primacy sincerity.